• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critters

Heagney

I've found 2 wee critters in my tank that I'm not sure if friend or foe..one was a small centipede looking thing about .5cm and White and this skinny thing about 1cm

61A86D47-2D86-4F0F-B134-4A8FA9DB18F0_zpso5ad4rmj.jpg

Next to my snail for a bit of scale

A3F8B2D9-F8FC-46EE-88DC-B29C40BB15F8_zpsnjchfcdk.jpg

And finally I moved the moss rock, think it looks loads better

F454BCD7-A46B-4E21-B23B-7B2FB7FF9084_zpsrxvcrasw.jpg

Hi all,
one was a small centipede looking thing about .5cm and White and this skinny thing about 1cm
The centipede looking one will be an Asellus (I have lots of them in the tanks, they perform the same role as Cherry Shrimps, but they are less easily eaten), and a California Blackworm. They are both harmless, and if you add Rams they will eat both of them.

cheers Darrel

Any ideas what this is? Spotted it when I first set up the tank and it's bigger now, was hanging around my bolbitis roots. Too quick to catch :mad:

7E714BB4-3853-44AF-9BBE-B12B209C9BC1_zpsty2xzuob.jpg

Defo. Dont know if it's eating at the plants or not? Think I'll try suck it out just incase

Hi all,
Any ideas what this is?
Dont know if it's eating at the plants or not? Think I'll try suck it out just incase
The centipede looking one will be an Asellus (I have lots of them in the tanks, they perform the same role as Cherry Shrimps, but they are less easily eaten),
It is an Asellus, it almost certainly came with the plants that I sent "Heagney".

Just think of it as a less attractive cherry shrimp.

cheers Darrel

I remember you saying that before Darrel, it's got bigger and I panicked haha would want it out before I got fish if it was going to much my little ones

Back