• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2Art Pro-SE with Camozzi needle valve

calsip

Thought I'd share my experience of adding a Camozzi Precision Flow Controller to a CO2Art Pro-SE regulator in case it helps anyone wanting to do similar. The best info I could find was in CO2Art Pro Elite Needle Valve, particularly @MrClockOff's posts (thanks for those!). There were still some gaps to fill and possibly the Pro-Elite needle valve and bubble counter interface is different to the Pro-SE's.

First of all, here is how it looks:

co2_1.jpg

The bubble counter could have been connected to the Camozzi without the 24mm spacer between them but I added this for for visibility in the cabinet. The bubble counter sticks up through a hole in the shelf. The 24mm spacer between the CO2Art needle valve and the Camozzi is however required for clearance due to the 2nd stage gauge.

Ignoring the 24mm spacer that I used for raising the bubble counter, the parts required are:

Screenshot 2024-03-05 220720.png

Once the compression fitting is removed from the nipple (on the left in the image above), the nipple thread is suitable for screwing into the bubble counter. Unfortunately, the tip of the nipple extends too far preventing it from being inserted sufficiently. I cut down the nipple to the same length as the one on the CO2Art needle valve. Note that I bought my parts separately. I think the threads that go into the Canozzi are single use so probably best not to take it apart if you have Configuration C-A of the Canozzi.

nip_1.jpg
nip_2.jpg

This nipple should be fitted with one of the "Large O-Ring Seal For Bubble Counter & Extensions".

You're then ready to assemble:
  1. Remove the bubble counter from the CO2Art needle valve.
  2. Connect the 24mm extension to the CO2Art needle valve as per the instructions on co2supermarket (replace the o-ring on the CO2Art nipple with the small o-ring, large o-ring inside the extension, screw together, tighten with spanner).
  3. Connect the bubble counter to the cut down nipple.
The CO2Art needle valve should be opened plenty wide enough so as not to impede flow, but obviously not to the point that it is leaking.

I'm really happy with this upgrade. The Canozzi is fine... nothing spectacular, just what I expected a CO2 needle valve to be like really. My CO2Art one felt really shonky in comparison though. It was so sensitive that if I could actually feel it turn at all, then I had adjusted it way too far. If I put any sideways pressure on it the flow would change significantly (like 4 times more to 1/4 less) and when releasing the pressure it would no longer be at the previously set rate. I've also had a recurring problem where the rate suddenly changes by a dramatic amount (up to double/half) after a number of days. It's too soon to tell but I'm hopeful the CO2Art valve was the cause of this.

Good review and info.
One thing I noted with mine (similar set up) is that the bubbles seemed to be smaller going through the same bubble counter as was fitted to the standard needle valve and thus I had to increase the rate. All the same, it appeared to be more crisp and precise.
Cheers!

Ah, interesting.. I didn’t notice a size difference but I might have missed that as I was trying different rates anyway

Back