• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 drop checker acting weird!!!

curefan

Hi,
My drop checker is staying green even after co2 has gone off (even after 10 hours of being off!!).
The regent im using and the 4dkh is at least 2 yrs old, so im thinking this may be the issue. It is blue when I put it in at first and does go green when Co2 comes on.
Should I be getting new regent or 4dkh water or could this be something else???

Thanks, Dave.

Maybe its not being off gassed adequately? Is there good surface agitation? This is needed especially at night as plants start to respire. They will take in o2 and give out co2, the reverse of which they do under lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe its not being off gassed adequately? Is there good surface agitation? This is needed especially at night as plants start to respire. They will take in o2 and give out co2, the reverse of which they do under lights

Thanks for reply, I keep my spray bar under the water surface because i use an inline Up atomizer and I want Co2 in the water column and not to be
dissipated if its set above water line, but to answer you question, the surface agitation is not great!

Will i loose lotys of CO2 if i move the spray bar up higher??

Thanks again, Dave.

You need to simply get over it. DC's do this all the time as a result of residual gas levels. If your plants are healthy then avoid being mesmerized by colors. Perform a pH profile check in order to determine the behavior of the gas and just carry on.

Cheers,

Thanks for reply, I keep my spray bar under the water surface because i use an inline Up atomizer and I want Co2 in the water column and not to be
dissipated if its set above water line, but to answer you question, the surface agitation is not great!

Will i loose lotys of CO2 if i move the spray bar up higher??

Thanks again, Dave.
I use a powerhead aimed at the surface. Its on a timer. Comes on at lights off

You need to simply get over it. DC's do this all the time as a result of residual gas levels. If your plants are healthy then avoid being mesmerized by colors. Perform a pH profile check in order to determine the behavior of the gas and just carry on.

Cheers,

Yeah, funny u mentioned that PH profile....i was reading the thread on that last night and took my first reading there about an hour ago. The plants are not doing great. Its a newly planted tank (about 4 weeks) and the Cuba is not spreading. Monte Carlo has expanded very slightly and no pearling, so there is very likely a Co2 problem. Ill see how i get on with the PH profile.
Cheers.

I use a powerhead aimed at the surface. Its on a timer. Comes on at lights off

Hmm, I have my power head pointing down slightly, thinking this will help in the distribution of Co2 down to the Cuba!?

Back