• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aquascaping wood

a rix

Hi iam looking for a good shop in east anglia to buy decent aquascaping wood. Any ideas please. I live in suffolk if thats any help.
Many thanks Anthony

I would prefer to see it in person iam quite finicky with things

Quite a lot of retailers have limited stock and many just standard bogwood which is fine unless your looking for a specific type in which case Paulo is right online retail offers a wide selection, you could source your own Oak or similar

It's difficult isn't it.

I've bought a few smaller pieces from a guy on ebay but still haven't found quite the right piece.

I've been looking at a few larger pieces on TGM but at £40-80 a pop it's too much to buy 3 or 4 of them just to see. The 5 hour round trip to Wrexham is something I want to avoid, but I may just have to try and fit it in. They just seem to have the best selection available and I know I'd come away with the hardscape materials I want.

Hi all,
......... you could source your own Oak or similar
It is a good time of year to look for <"stag-headed Oaks"> in cornfields. You often get a window of opportunity in between the corn being cut and field ploughed, and there are often suitable dead bits lying under the tree.

This is what you are looking for.

2430301_1e694692.jpg

cheers Darrel

Back