• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquanano 40/55 help.

ddam19

Hi all.

I have purchased a aquanano 55 and I'm having a issue with the filter water level dropping.

It drops enough to drag air in .

I cannot work out what's going on.

I did add some more media which I have removed apart for a small amount which won't make an effect as its in the second part which has loads of room for flow.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Iv found the issue seems to be the slide in filters are blocking to much flow. Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to get round it.

Thanks adam

Hi
Remove the filters and use some coarse filter sponge instead...if that's the issue.
Similar to this......
$(KGrHqN,!icE4uDZG-NoBON8R6mi7!~~0_35.JPG

I don't use the slide in filter cartridges, take a sharp knife and cut the black foam sponge into pieces like hogan53 shows above. I then pushed that down into the first chamber below water level, and place an inch thick square of filter wool cut to same size as foam on top of sponge. I then change the filter wool weekly, which has trapped most of detritus/sediment, when I water change. Occasionally the foam sponge gets a rinse/squeeze in the old tank water I have removed during water change. If you cut the foam sponge block into 3 or 4 equal pieces you will have spares or to replace in future. I also have installed a 500lph external Eheim instead of included power head (plugged hole in back panel). Filter inlet sucks from 3rd chamber and outlets into main tank compartment. Works for me.

Thanks for your reply. I am going to get rid of the slides and I'm sure I have some coarse sponge somewhere and bought some floss this weekend.

See how we go with that.

Back