• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Taking Back The Fishroom + Miscellaneous Projects

SamTheMan

Hello Everyone, I hope this is a thread that I will frequently post on. My "Fishroom" is a bit of a mess right now, as are the tanks. as of current, 10 tanks plus a few bowls and jars are in here, most of which are on a 240x148x45 rack. they all have some degree of plants in them, and have some cool fish in them. ill try post on here once a week, as well as on my YouTube channel, "The Aquascape Corner", which has been MIA for the past few weeks. My first project is sorting out one row on the rack which holds 2 12 litre tanks and 3 20ish litre tanks. the are a bit crappy for lack of a better word and I think the fish will be a lot happier with them organised! Ill post pics later today.

before that, I had to treat a trio of sunset rainbowfish I bought earlier in the week. I was right to quarantine them, as they had ich. they will eventually go into my planted 200L. I'm raising the temp, and adding salt, at 1tbsp per 5L

As its such a nice day today, I'm heading down to my local river to collect rock/wood. these will probably be utilised in the upper rack, I'll get photos later

The rainbow fish seem to be fine with the treatment, yet the ich cists are still there after 3 days? any ideas?
starting to think it could be epistylis....

Last edited:
I use Esha Exit for ich - should be able to pick it up in your local fish shop or amazon. I know salt gets recommended a lot in the US, but I don't think it's that common to treat with salt and temperature increases in the UK.

Have you got a photo of the fish?

I use Esha Exit for ich - should be able to pick it up in your local fish shop or amazon. I know salt gets recommended a lot in the US, but I don't think it's that common to treat with salt and temperature increases in the UK.

Have you got a photo of the fish?
I can get a photo tomorrow. so far, the cists have dropped off in the salt. They have been acting normal and eating however

Here are the rainbows:
03614DD6-C07F-4F4A-907C-44FD4DA8369B.jpeg

The one in the back had it the worst, you can still see a bit of white “scarring” on her tail, but they look like they have made a full recovery in the salt.
D30C35C4-017D-4A79-8672-39354308E655.jpeg

This tank^, home to a male Betta
7294AB2F-682A-41AC-81B9-40E09162BD60.jpeg

And this tank^, I am going to focus on today.
Firstly, I removed the planter jars in the first one to make it a bit more natural, and added some wood instead:
FC2D2481-9EA3-4883-B2B8-EA64671BB580.jpeg

I also have a load of anubius minima which may or may not end up in this tank….
Next up is the second tank home to some platy fry,
9E536D08-E973-4FA2-B2E5-6540833AA45A.jpeg

These guys are going outside in the summer, I have been breeding this line for a few years now.
Hope you enjoyed reading this, I think this thread will get a bit more interesting as it goes on, 😉. I may or may not have some very cool and rare fish coming august time.

A bit disheartening today, somehow the larger female rainbow managed to jam its self it the hole in the bottom of the flower pot in there. its not dead, but im not holding much hope for it. Somehow it got in there, and now has scrape marks on the top and bottom of the body. It's much larger than the hold. also, a dead gold ram. Not fun

Back