• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Puddling clay

leap

I have an idea which will involve partly building up the sides and fully building up the back of a 12L aquarium I have.
Plan is to create a nano semi immersed type of set up, with a pond type area at the bottom - just over 1/4 full.
The backdrop will be planted with mosses, mini ferns, airplants and such.
I'd like water to trickle off the backdrop.
I don't really want to use typical vivarium backdrops made from resin.

I'm wondering if puddling clay is stiff enough to line the tank with . Wondering if it would hold it's shape up the back of an aquarium and on the sides of the 'pond' area i n the tank. Or would it just dissolve into a muddy pool at the bottom?

Funny you should say that Edvet - as it happens I have some unused epiweb! :thumbup:
And just as good I have a pack of unopened seed mix that some places sell to seed it with mosses. Be very interesting to see if the mix actually grows and if it'll hold any surprises in store.
I don't know why it never crossed my mind.:rolleyes: All mossed up no one would see it anyway.
Thanks for the smart suggestion - I'm going to give it a try.:)

Back