• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dou's Various Tanks (ADA 60P, Do!Aqua MiniM+Cube, 90x30x36, etc.)

Hi Doubu, Congratulations on your wonderful scapes and photos :clap::clap:

Thank you! Here's just a fun photo of my progress up until the last photo before the rescape.

sMDnFVw.jpg

Last edited:
Photo of another rescape I did for my living room tank (Brio35). I had initially tried to grow herbs and whatnot on the rightside but I failed... so I decided to turn it into a wabi kusa. The idea was to have a somewhat decent transition from water to land, but now that I look at it, the wabikusa side seems to be lacking a bit. I may need to add taller hair grass to fill it out more. The vertical dimensions of the tank don't really help either...

puCDkwJ.png

Hi Doubu, I have never seen anything like this :cool: And the best of both worlds with Scape and Emersed W-K growth too. Very cool looking.

You could use Scirpus cernuus I know its a pond- marsh plant. I used it in my 60cm Shallow Wabi-Kusa great looking plant and grows to 20 30 cm

Just looked up Brio35. Very kool concept indeed!! Brio 250 looks even more interesting.....

Thanks guys... I actually regretted buying this for quite some time (I could've bought another 60P setup for the same price with a real AquaSky light). In the beginning I had some serious algae issues and balancing problems - cause the plants on the right side would use up so much nutrients I had no idea what to dose. The ambient light from the living room during the summer time also added too much light - resulting in more algae. I had to play with the light timing a lot but I think I got the hang of it. I am determined to make it look good now.

Hi Doubu, I have never seen anything like this :cool: And the best of both worlds with Scape and Emersed W-K growth too. Very cool looking.

You could use Scirpus cernuus I know its a pond- marsh plant. I used it in my 60cm Shallow Wabi-Kusa great looking plant and grows to 20 30 cm

This looks awesome! Time to try and find it - thanks for the suggestion.

Just looked up Brio35. Very kool concept indeed!! Brio 250 looks even more interesting.....

I think so too, but I'm not at that level yet. Aquaponics is not easy, I didn't have enough nutrients going - so when I used clay media (not soil) on the right side, the plants did not flourish. I think to have this tank going very well, you need a lot of nitrates (bio waste) from fish - that's why they use gold fish in their examples haha (I assume).

Here's my Do!Aqua Cube beside the 90cm tank. Another low-tech no-CO2 test with minimal dosing. I have about 3 tanks (2x ADA 30W, 1x ADA 45P) left to do but still deciding if I want to use them for quarantine or for actual scaping. MTS in full display here x). Lots of Indian Almond Leaves in the back - planning to put low grade crystal red shrimps in here.

sIUOPqP.png

Last edited:
Update on the MiniM - I'm very happy that over 15 babies have made it past adolescence (larger than 1.5cm)! I'm surprised at my success but after thinking about it more, I did do much more preparation this time around =). I also moved in buce from my 60P into this tank - it was all melting under acidic conditions =( Hopefully it bounces back in here and doesn't completely die.

AwivhnL.jpg

My custom stand (open concept, 8 x 4 ft) frame is complete! My handyman was schooling me on woodworking/carpentry and I've gained a new level of respect for cabinet makers and carpenters. Lots of smaller improvements left (adding supports, sanding, finishing, drilling holes where tubes are, etc.) but I will finally be able to work on all my nano tanks (about 6) comfortably soon. This is also why I haven't been active much on the forum and posting photos.

lFiwXEl.jpg

Now that's a serious aquarium stand. Great tanks too Doubu, I think its really difficult to use thicker bits of drift wood and rock in a nano tank effectively, but you have nailed it!

:woot: is that your workshop?!

Thanks Sean =D. Nope, it's my handyman's workshop... and the last time I will be getting to use it haha. He is helping me as a favour but if I want to do anything else, I will have to go find a shop somewhere else and build whatever I want.

Back