• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First attempt at scaping

Nothing happening in tank yet. I have re-thought insert for under the soil on right hand side now ordered and waiting on egg crate and mesh, I think the poly will be to bouyant and need to much soil (weight) to hold it down without using silicone. Redmoor still soaking nearly a week now! Currently looking at easy/beginner plants. I just want to get stuff in tank now so I can start cycling.

Well I was not a happy bunny with how it was looking, so yet again I started shifting it around and came up with this :-

_DSC6465.jpg

_DSC6467.jpg

Less is more, feels more natural to me. What do you think ?
Heres a extra as i forgot to post it the other day just for the evening viewing.

_DSC7316.jpg
oh and for the record wood still in soak lol

Hello Carpman

You have a very tricky tank, but it can give an excellent result.

To me, I would try to hide the corner on the back, and for so I would plant some cabombas, pogostemon erectus or other that can conceill that major corner. I would take the stone on the back on this last layout.

That part achieved I would probably assemble most of the rocks at one side and the wood at the other. you have a very beautiful piece of wood, try not to distract the the view from it by keeping it simple on the place you put it.

I hope it helped.

Hello Carpman

To me, I would try to hide the corner on the back, and for so I would plant some cabombas, pogostemon erectus or other that can conceill that major corner. I would take the stone on the back on this last layout.

That part achieved I would probably assemble most of the rocks at one side and the wood at the other. you have a very beautiful piece of wood, try not to distract the the view from it by keeping it simple on the place you put it.

I hope it helped.

I do plan on hiding the intake and corner with planting, I may or may not leave rock theer but if I do leave it will be almost shrouded in planting therefore making up the background and not drawing the eye from the tree. I have tried various permitations of the rocks and tree and and seperating the 2 doesn't seem to work (unbalanced / no focal point)

Back