• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trio optiwhite shrimp scape

Aqua360

Hi all,

I mentioned recently a little project I've undertaken, after becoming quite addicted to nano's. Basically I had a spare 12x8x8 inch tank that I decorated for some shrimp, skip forward a month and I now have 3 optiwhite tanks of those dimensions, that I've aimed to scape in such a way that they are

A) simple, no plant substrate; dennerle shrimp inert gravel only, thin layer to reduce anaerobic bacteria.

B) easy plants, non rooted, includes Anubias, mosses, and types of Java fern.

C) different types of scape, one is manzanita and rock, one is driftwood, one is a kind of seiryu rock.

Haven't gotten round to fully stocking them yet, but I'd like to get them running first and get the plants settled before moving forward.

So without further ado, I've attached some pics below; hopefully they'll appeal to you as they appeal to me :)

IMG_20160826_231328.jpg
IMG_20160826_231232.jpg
IMG_20160826_231311.jpg
IMG_20160826_231303.jpg
IMG_20160826_231318.jpg

This is awesome, very neat and tidy. I'm sure the significant other will appreciate how clean it is haha. Love all the stones (and I think I spot Sado Akadama!!!)!

Nice, can you tell me which microsorum sp is used in the middle tank?
Thanks

oh nice. i see where your new weeping moss is going into lol

are you going to keep shrimps?

love the 1st and 2nd picture
keep it up

cheers
ryan

Yep :) I have some sakura reds, black and white bees hopefully in the other, maybe some crystal reds in the middle :D

Looking good ; I've always liked this kind of setup, 3 nanos displayed together

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Ahahah. I thought it was a pump, but I had to ask... lol

Those lights seem small enough for my tank. How wide is the clip, around 3 inches?

I think 2.5, can't find the ruler to give an accurate measurement, but 90% on 2.5

I measured them in the pic, considering the aquarium width, and it should be around that, I already found them on ebay!

You don't waste time! They are very good imo, they are touch activated, no switch; and have 3 or 4 different settings :)

You don't waste time! They are very good imo, they are touch activated, no switch; and have 3 or 4 different settings :)
I found them with 15 and 21 LEDs, yours are 15, right?

What brand is the light?
It's a generic brand, you can find them on ebay if you search for 'aquarium LED clip on' if you zoom in on the pics @Aqua360 posted you can see a JBA logo on the clip, just look for it.
Here are the ones I found (I'm not sure if I can link ebay here, so I'll leave item numbers):
  • 15 LEDs - item 291779474570
  • 21 LEDs - item 172203942295

I found them with 15 and 21 LEDs, yours are 15, right?

It's a generic brand, you can find them on ebay if you search for 'aquarium LED clip on' if you zoom in on the pics @Aqua360 posted you can see a JBA logo on the clip, just look for it.
Here are the ones I found (I'm not sure if I can link ebay here, so I'll leave item numbers):
  • 15 LEDs - item 291779474570
  • 21 LEDs - item 172203942295

actually not sure which lights mine are :sorry: i think 15 led's, would need to check once back home

Back