• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Dou's WabiKusa Attempts

cookie.dou

Since I'm not allowed to have any more aquariums, I thought that I would play around with wabi kusas =D.

Here's my first wabi kusa attempt - photo taken a month ago - along with some photos of the new growth form the plants I've added (I'll take an updated photo soon). I sewed a small pouch with landscaping material (the fabric that doesnt let weeds grow through), filled it with leftover tropica soil and tied a bunch of extra moss that I've been collecting as I trim my tank into a ball. I added in hydrocotyl triparita (from a friend), hygro pinnitifida, some micranthemum umbrosum (which isn't doing too well) and two stems of purple bamboo cut up into many nodes (only 2 have made it...). I'm nearly done the low humidity acclimatization process too so it will be nice to finally take it out of bucket and leave it in the vase I found for it. Special thanks to those who shared on this subforum about their experience - or else I may have let these dry out before they got used to the climate. My next moss ball will probably be using amazonia so I can test the growth differences.

Took it out of bucket and into the vase for photo purposes x). It's back in a bucket now with saran wrap on top for half the day.

xbnwleY.png

Growth of plants!

vzuhcV6.png

0m05GYe.png

390gdJO.png

Back