• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The A-scape toothbrush broom..

zozo

While cleaning my scapes using a toothbrush there are always hardware areas hard to get to and pieces you just can't take out.. So looking kinda sadly at my toothbrush thinking darn you're not as good as you should be.. I whish you where like a broom..

So i dove into my shed to see what still was laying around i could use to convert it to a multi brush with minimal effort.

This is the result and after a test ride it works like a charm, finaly can brush the corners i never realy could reach that easy. Thought you might like it and kinda copy the idea..
DSCF7060 (Kopie).JPG

DSCF7061 (Kopie).JPG

DSCF7062 (Kopie).JPG
DSCF7063 (Kopie).JPG

Tools and materials used/needed.. Is a toothbrush of course. a mini steelsaw, a 3.3mm dril, a M4 tap a cordless drill, a x length of M4 threaded rod (as long is you like, whatever suits your tank), 2 x M4 counter nuts and a little penn gass torch. And some colored tape to neately match it and cover the rod.. Shrink tube could also be used and looking beter..
DSCF7064 (Kopie).JPG

Anyway pictures say more than 1000 words, so i guess no need for in depth tutorial like step by step expainantion. Only might add, you need the gass penn torch to heat the threaded rod so you can bend it to a 90° angle, or else it will break. The counter nut is of course to tighten and fixate the brush to the rod.

Now it's a thootbrush - broom.. :woot:

Before somebody say it might scrats the glass, look in the hardware store or in your shed for 4mm plastic rod end cap, only need one of course.. Nuts also come in plastic if you like even plastic threaded rod..

Happy brushing.. :thumbup:

Lol.. Thanks again guys.. Funny how frustration while tank maintenance makes you realize, live can be so very simple sometimes..

Last edited:
Back