• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Journal - Mini-M

I have just wrapped everything in cellophane, I hope this is enough to keep it humid. :S

It makes EVERYTHING difficult, trust me! :p

Followed. A toothbrush will be very helpful when cleaning your tank.

And don't worry about the cellophane thing. It will be humid. Spray water if you see it dried out in any part by regularly observation

Time for an update...

I have since flooded the tank and added many more plants. This is what it looks like a few days after planting the new plants:

IMG_4730.jpg
IMG_4729.jpg
IMG_4733.jpg

The plants are:
Eleocharis sp. 'Mini'
Pogostemon erectus
Rotala Indica
Rotala rotundifolia
Althernanthera reineckii 'mini'
Vesicularia ferriei 'Weeping Moss' - Which does not look very weepy at all imo; maybe it's still adjusting to its submersed state?
Helianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba'

All feedback welcome! :)

Nice, gotta love the 'too big for my tank' look of this scape! :)

Weeping moss needs Time to look as it should...patience is your friend with mosses.

One question; why the Heather? It´s the only thing I don't like in your pics

Weeping moss needs Time to look as it should...patience is your friend with mosses.
Thanks for clarifying that! I'm hoping the moss attaches to the wood before the thread comes loose. :S

One question; why the Heather? It´s the only thing I don't like in your pics
I agree completely; I've tried to fit many different types of heaters and they would either not fit or were not strong enough to heat the tank to 25 degrees...
I do still have a Hydor external heater lying around, which I will most likely use. I'm planning to get an external thermostat first though, since it will literally boil my fish if it malfunctions. :confused: :)

I'd stick an aquael easy heater in there, it'll get the temp up; and is flat shaped so would be well hidden at the back

Back