• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

L. Aromatica white tops.

Sarpijk

Hi! I planted two stems of limnophila aromatica. My previous attempt ended with all stems melting into oblivion. Good things these stems were already submersed. Anyway the inner part of the new crowns are white with green edges. The same is happening to my micranthemum umbrosum.
59dba3883c98d041a1a540c60aed1c64.jpg

For the past week I have stopped dosing any micros. Tank is 50ltrs with 24 watts T5 and pressurised co2. I dose according to EI.

Hi
Even though you have received these plants submerged from another source...they may well take time to settle and become acclimatised to your aquarium!
I would continue dosing full Macro/Micro EI.....do regular water changes...you maybe low in Magnesium so add extra MgSo4 (Epsom Salt)
Cheers
hoggie

I am having a similar problem. Here are some pic for reference:
IMG-20151119-WA0003.jpg

Just one query. Does this whiteness decreases(turns normal green) when you add co2 and switch on the lights and again occur the next day before adding co2 and lights?

Hi all,
I dosed some iron yesterday.
That would be my suggestion. There aren't many nutrients that are immobile within the plant, but iron (Fe++/+++) is one that doesn't move, and it causes chlorosis.

Is your water very hard? If it is iron deficiency is more likely

Manganese (Mn), sulphur (S) and zinc (Zn) would be other immobile elements, but if you dose micro elements they would be very unlikely to be deficient.

You can largely discount magnesium (Mg), nitrogen (N) and potassium (K), because they are all mobile within the plant, and would effect older leaves.

cheers Darrel

The stem with the white top from the first post had started deteriorating on its base so I cut it off and I replanted. The other stem on the right has two crowns. These two look greener but the leaves are not very healthy looking. I will try to give some more light and at the same time I will up my co2.

Back