• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A winding path

Blueskiesdz

I would like to have a winding path through my new aquascape. I've seen some great examples but wondered what substrate is used ? Is it just sand or pea gravel or a combination ? I looked at ADA river gravel but was thinking is this just pea !

Most pathways are fine sand rather than gravel, although gravel can be used along the edges of the pathway to give a natural graded effect. You can go expensive ADA brand sand to early learning centre play sand. I've always found a nice variety from unipac which is reasonably priced with good grain size so as not too big or too small, the latter of which can compact and become anaerobic especially in unplanted sections.
Cheerio,
Ady

Cheers Ady, I've looked at the unipac I'll just decide on colour. I have also thought about creating a stream but I'm guessing gravel would be better for this ?

Yes you see sprinklings of gravel and pebbles on light sand to give it a natural look and the pebbles sometimes act as the barrier to the plant substrate

Back