• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua at pet shop - layout no.3 - the end

Troi, thank you for the link to discussion. I also found interesting bit, I've probably been looking for so many years.

...are there some compounds that interfere, sure (specific test kit reagent chemistry will usually provide a list of likely interfering substances)...
I guess it's good to know there is possible error source. Also, good to know this obviously innacurate test results won't kill my livestock.

I know that we should not rely on absolute numbers that test kits give us. But we can track dynamics of parameters: whether it stays almost the same, or maybe increased, or maybe decreased.

Today I've tried to clean vertical seams from green tint of algae. Simply using brush did not help me. So with advice of using H2O2 or liquid carbon I've tried to fight it. The most visible result was after applying H2O2 for 15 minutes with syringe (while filter was off) and then cleaning with brush. I think I need to repeat this couple of time again in next weeks.

19227257520_3bb0d58d9a_c.jpgSeam cleaning by Alexander, on Flickr

My silicone seams also have algae problem. I don't know how ADA Japan keep their tanks' seam so clean. Even though those tanks have been in used for years. Maybe they brush them every night?

Hi Alexander, Scape looks great:thumbup:

With the silicone edge I use liquid Co2 when i do a water change with the filter off. Apply at the top of the silicone and let it run down its heavier than water so sinks all the way down then leave for 10 minutes then give it a brush down comes up nice after a couple of times of doing it ;)

This is looking soooo good now. The green is so vibrant!

The flame just needs to grow a little so the scissor straight cut is less apparent. Maybe in a fts you can't see it?

Going to enter a comp? ista and/or aga

Thank you, Dan. I love the green too.

Yes, probably you're right about straight cut. This photo was taken 3 weeks ago, now the tank grew more.
I think about those comp, also I can enter european eaplc.

2 weeks ago we made photo shooting with guest photographer. 2 men (me and my friend who helped to create the hardscape) tried to keep tetra in a school formation, while photo-man took some shots. More than 100 shots was taken - only 3 or 4 are more or less good. As usual :)

Here is one shot from that series. I titled it "Sunset":

19253635493_a2489527b3_c.jpg60x30x36 - sunset by Alexander, on Flickr

What do you think about flame on the back? Did it look better then?

Thank you Roy, I like it too.
We have good shots with yellow and light blue background. But I think yellow is better, more like warm summer.
And kinda matches ember of tetras.
Later I'll show you 2 backgrounds.

Wondarful tank.Love the school of tetra. However it would me more stunner if could catch all
those below the upper line of the tank.Little more contrast of sunset could be more eye catching.

Results of photo shooting. The photo slightly edited to remove snails/shrimps from glass where it was possible. I usually don't do this because I don't have required skills, but guest photo pro did. Enjoy!

19509713104_a64461442f_c.jpg60x30x36 - in blue by Alexander, on Flickr

And another background:

19509724794_15d15d3111_c.jpg60x30x36 - in yellow by Alexander, on Flickr

The same tank - different mood ))

2 men (me and my friend who helped to create the hardscape) tried to keep tetra in a school formation
How do you do that? (p.s.: i like the blue background more)
clipart_clown_animaatjes-253.jpg

Back