• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

35L by Wojtek

Voytek

Hi everyone

I want to show you my small tank that I started about year ago.
Details:

Tank: Dennerle 35L
Light: Aquatic Nature Solar Duo Boy 30W 6500K
Filtration: Aquael FZN-1
Soil: Amazonia new 4L
Heater 25W Hagen
Hardscape: Red moor wood, grey unknown stones
Water: 70% RO + 30% tap water

Chemistry:
Easy life easy carbo, profito + salts

CO2: fire extinguisher + solenoid + ceramic diffuser
2d8db4d8cd8def27med.jpg

2275df5bbfe3b28emed.jpg

56c1422aad9de6bfmed.jpg

2d3e5160b05a342cmed.jpg

45626e808b8cd748med.jpg

ba72b76ecd80a54dmed.jpg

4dd7f8df97f26114med.jpg

And on the end a few photos of my old tank from Poland

ca4dd8e37ddc2aacmed.jpg

4777062e84e2cb8cmed.jpg

18a731787e18a085med.jpg

4888a9c7bf4784cdmed.jpg

893d61876c42c45emed.jpg

Cheerio ;)

Very nice indeed,great hight great plants. I'm hoping my scape fills nicely like that.

Thank you very much guys :joyful:
Is nice to read that you like my tank :) Is still a lot of work on it, but I believe it will be finally algae free ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys

I don't know what I am doing wrong this time. I am trying to make my tank algae free, I reduce K because level of it was to high rest: PO4, NO3 is as it should be. Algae looks like go smaller but I have strange deaths of my shrimps this week. first red sakura and today red crystal :(. Any ideas?

Water 70% RO + 30% tap
K - 20ppm
NO3 30ppm
PO4 1ppm

Shouldn't be the ferts unless they are contaminated. Could be anything causing the shrimp deaths from too much co2 in the water or something detrimental in the water like harmful chemicals, bacterial infections, fungi, or even opportunistically nibbled at by fish. What's the tank pH and TDS, is there enough minerals in the water for the shrimp and how much Easy Carbo are you using to control algae. Have you introduced anything to the tank that may have come into contact with insecticides, do you have a pet or petted an animal that has had treatment for fleas and forgot to wash your hands before handling something that goes in the tank. How about perfumes or air freshner or bug spray being sprayed in the same room as the tank.

It could even be as mundane as aggression between shrimp, do you know if the shrimp fatalities were male or female? Is there any evidence of injury on the deceased shrimp. Shrimp will faint under high co2 and become vulnerable to inquisitive fish which instinctively lunge at anything moving in the water column (even tank mates excreta) they are not able to perform the hundred mile an hour backstroke to dart away when nibbled and sometimes this can be fatal even if the shrimp is too big to fit in the fishes mouth.

Are you using a dechlorinator with the tap water you use to cut with the RO?

If you continue to lose shrimp and you can be definite that it's not predation then there's something that has been introduced to the tank recently that is causing harm.

Co2 could be responsible for shrimp deaths.
When i gassed some shrimp the sakuras died before the crs did.
Its a very fine line between ok and dead where shrimp and co2 are concerned
Sorry for your losses.
I once nearly gassed all my fauna with a water change just before co2 came on too and at lights on everything was gasping at the surface. Now i change water half a hour before lights on and it hasn't happened since

Hi Guys

I think that could be too much NO3 :(
I changed that and I believe everything will be better.
I had big surprise this weekend. During maintenance I saw fry of rasboras. Just two but easily swimming without fear about big ones. o_O

Nice tanks !

P.S. i see you have some BBA on the wood , if it's just here and there you should use Easy Life Easy Carbo or something similar dosed with a syringe directly over the algae

Hi guys.

Currently I am running new project and after some problems with alge etc. I lost hygrophila pinnatifida. Is anyone who would like to help me and sell/give me a few pieces of it?I will be very grateful for help. Thanks. :)

Pinnatifida is one of the plans that has melted on me three times. I put it down to co2 inconsistencies.

Unfortunately I experienced this first time. It is sad that no one wants to help. I just wanted one piece I don't need whole basket. :(

That is some option ;) Thanks mate :) I didn't think about eBay :)

Back