• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Should i add another filter?

Tylermn93

Seedling
so currently i have a 50 gallon tank with co2 and med/high light and since the start ive had flow problems i believe. I am using an eheim pro 2073 which is hooked up to a sera reactor and after that a hydor inline heater. I am currently using lily pipes and the outflow is on the front right side of my tank with the intake back right side. Underneath the output i have a koralia nano powerhead to help boost the flow. i am considering purchasing a eheim ecco as a second filter to boost the flow to help the plants reach the co2 and nutrients. Just looking for suggestions if this is the way to go.
Main issues are i have rotala ceylon and rotala colorata growing but the leaves have dark marking that almost look like an alge or detritus but it is not and doesnt come off making me believe it is not recieving enough co2 even with 4plus bps. My plants are growing some look good but i feel as though they arent thriving and not growing as fast as they should be. Ive reduced lighting, increased co2,dose full ei. Yet something is still missing. Any help and opinions will be appreciated!

2073 should be up to the job for filtration. The heater and reactor will be dropping the flow somewhat.

An empty second small filter with the heater and reactor would free up the 2073 and increase its flow.

A pic of your tank for layout etc might help :snaphappy:

Back