• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Issues with Monte Carlo

LukeDaly

Hey guys,

The last day or so a few pieces of my Monte Carlo are looking a bit rough. (see below)

DbZ4w9H.jpg

Does this happen if I don't meet light or co2 requirements? Or could this be because of me spot dosing easy carbo on a few algae spots? If that is the case have I killed it, or will it come back?

Thanks,
Luke.

I've killed 'Monte Carlo' before with too much H2O2 but never heard of anyone damaging it with Easycarbo... How long have you had it? How long have you had the algae? The fact that there is algae suggests too much light relative to CO2 and/or it's distribution.

P

I've killed 'Monte Carlo' before with too much H2O2 but never heard of anyone damaging it with Easycarbo... How long have you had it? How long have you had the algae? The fact that there is algae suggests too much light relative to CO2 and/or it's distribution.

Its just a tiny bit of hair algae that is under control now as far as I am aware. I am using the 24Watt scapers light, compressed c02 at 2bps and 2ml of EasyCarbo every day. I am also dosing EI salts if that helps.

P
I've damaged it once with Excel spot treating near to MC, big parts of it died, some of it recovered as it grows fast.

That seems to be what is happening here large clumps look dead..

I am now noticing holes in a few of my plants and some dark green spots, any help and advice would be great.

Cheers,
Luke.

I'm putting this down to flow.. Cheap ass Chinese lily pipes. Can anyone recommend me a good set, something with decent flow rather than surface movement?

Spray bars are great but not pretty...even cheap Chinese lily pipes are able to give good results (I see them all the time here and even had one)
Yeah and I'm not so sure a spray bar would be effective with my current layout. I have a cheap set at the minute and they are awful, all of the flow hits the bottom, not spread over the tank.

Do you have any particular sets you would recommend?

Cheers,
Luke.

The good thing about living in China is that I can see the product before I buy them.
True.

Update: It appears most if not all the plants are having issues now. God this hobby is stressful sometimes.

Definitely putting this down to flow. Has anyone ever reduced tubing size?

Is there any comparison charts of different lily pipes or is it all based on trying/what others have said?

I don't mind spending money on my tank but I think a £120 Ada intake is ridiculous.

Back