• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

using EI for macro but flourish for micro

At the moment I can't find Trace elements with only a little bit of copper, so I am using flourish and flourish Iron instead, but I am a bit confused about how much to use.
My tank is 300 liter and for macro I am using EI 3x per week dosing (5-6g KNO3, 2-3g KH2PO4 and 11-13g MgSO4).
I want to dose micro's twice a week, any help on dosing please.

At the moment I can't find Trace elements with only a little bit of copper, so I am using flourish and flourish Iron instead, but I am a bit confused about how much to use.
My tank is 300 liter and for macro I am using EI 3x per week dosing (5-6g KNO3, 2-3g KH2PO4 and 11-13g MgSO4).
I want to dose micro's twice a week, any help on dosing please.

Hi Martin

For the flourish you'd need to dose 46ml over the whole week. Or in your case 23ml per each day. That'll also give you your 0.5ppm iron

Can't you have some sent over from Holland? (I get mine from aquariumbemesting.nl). One or two packets in a letter should keep you for quite a while.
I did that last time...I think I'll do that again when my flourish stock will run out (still have quit a bit).

What you can do is grab a bottle of Seachem Iron too. Then dose Trace according to recommended amounts and dose Iron to bump up iron concentration to 0.5ppm.

Back