• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another fish tank for my LFS

Had another opportunity to make a tank for my LFS. Started today, will hopefully be able to finish tomorrow.
2014-11-15111619_zpsa7245393.jpg

DSC00720_zps35c1e513.jpg

2014-11-15123036_zps15915391.jpg

2014-11-15123040_zpsfc204e75.jpg

The tank will only be filled up half way with water. I always wanted to make a root overgrown rock formation and now I could...really chuffed about that :happy:

Sorry for the dirty glass, didn't had a cloth close hand.

Really very nice, the fact that the lfs has asked for another tank by you is a tribute to your ability. That rock on the far left of the mound looks out of place, perhaps you could break it up and place the smaller pieces at the base of the mound to smooth the transition from mound to substrate/planting.

That rock on the far left of the mound looks out of place
Yep, I agree....there was no smaller one in the shop anymore (I used the lot), I'm hoping that with the sand it won't be so obvious as it will be buried for the most part, otherwise I will brake it in smaller pieces.

It's a shame you won't be using co2, somewhat limiting in what you can grow. 2 full length T5 on a no-co2 tank may be a lot of light? I will use 2 39W T5 on my high tech 90 x 45 x 45...

It's a shame you won't be using co2, somewhat limiting in what you can grow. 2 full length T5 on a no-co2 tank may be a lot of light? I will use 2 39W T5 on my high tech 90 x 45 x 45...
I am limited to what the LFS gives me to work with (hardware) as this was a running tank before, I might try to get 2 bulbs out so to run only 1 bulb at one time...thanks for the reminder....I also want some floating plants and/or water lilies, this will help with the light too.

I've convinced the shop owner to use CO2 for better growth in the tank, but I still went with "easier" plants as the substrate only contains sand. Need to make some better pictures next week or so....and they will change the lights for one that is a bit higher to give the plants more space.
DSC00762_zps3e0a5aed.jpg

DSC00763_zps8adb6204.jpg

I'm not sure about the Java fern 'Narrow Leave', I might replace it.

Once the narrow settles in it will grow in a more uniform clump, should be very pretty. This will look great when mature!

Very well thought out and executed. Its great that an LFS believes in you enough to let you set up tanks. You get to try out new ideas and the LFS benefits from having more aquascapes than it could manage.

Back