• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Large wood in Manchester

CanisDraco

Gumtree and eBay are proving fruitless and the LFSs I know of tend to just stock redmoor for medium tanks. Just looking for somewhere with a nice range of different sizes and/or types, suppose I could go to Green Machine but, having no car, I'd have to navigate a journey or buses and trains and adding trains into the ordeal multiplies the price by several thousand percent ;)

So yeah, anyone spotted any interesting wood on their travels in or around this grey city? :)

Yeah I have, some very nice pieces on there. Just wanted to find something in the city if possible, I work every day so it's hard getting things delivered on times when either me or my housemate is around to receive a package and the depot isn't even open at applicable for me to collect undelivered items :(

Heh, I've messaged Alastair asking where he got his lovely pieces from, just figured it's worth asking on here in the meantime :) shame I don't still live in the Lakes, could've spent a few hours in the forests and probably found something decent...

Have you tried abyss in stockport?
Worth a call ask if they have any in.

Good idea, thanks. They've normally just had mopani or red moor when I've been in in the past, but I've not looked at their wood for ages. Might give them a ring :)

Hey, no problem, I've had a busy past week myself, fired you a PM. Just figured I'd put it to the masses and see if any wondrous information revealed itself to me :D

Hey, no problem, I've had a busy past week myself, fired you a PM. Just figured I'd put it to the masses and see if any wondrous information revealed itself to me :D
....and it has in the form of 'Alistore', the aladdins cave of aquascaping :D

Heh, I've visited the Aladdin's cave of Aquascaping before and my only wish was that I wasn't bound by buses :p

Have you seen the seller gre004 on the bay of e? They have some nice redmoor

From Alex - Internet names may vary. Comment not fit for human consumption. Contains small parts.

Back