• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Spot Algae and ADA Amozonia soil

Zak Rafik

Hi
For the past few days, my tank is having a nasty attack of GSA.

Since my tank's substrate is ADA Amozonia Aqua soil, is the GSA attack due to lack of Co2 or Phosphate?

Does ADA soil contain phosphate?

Currently I'm dosing 1 teaspoon of Potassium Phosphate mixed with 500ml stock solution for 3 times a week.

Cheers
Raffik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSA occurs mainly on high light or long lighting period with low phosphate, increase the phosphate it will reduce in a week also check for good co2 and flow, i too got this when i increased my light and when increased the level of phosphate it went away, increase the phosphate gradually.

Hi Vivian
Thanks for tip.

So ADA soil does not supply phosphate to the water column?

Once GSA stops progressing, will the old GSA growth go away on its own or is it there for good until manually removed?

I wanted to put in 2 or 3 nerite snails to munch away the GSA but I also have 4 assassin snails in the tank which have done an excellent job in clearing pond snails population.

Will assassin snails attack the nerite snails?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So ADA soil does not supply phosphate to the water column?
Somebody will clarify this part coz I'm not aware of that but i think it doesn't supply.

Once GSA stops progressing, will the old GSA growth go away on its own or is it there for good until manually removed?
you need to remove manually and it's easy to remove

I wanted to put in 2 or 3 nerite snails to munch away the GSA but I also have 4 assassin snails in the tank which have done an excellent job in clearing pond snails population.
Will assassin snails attack the nerite snails?
If you're nerite snail is bigger or equal size it doesn't attack.

Back