• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 system for large setup (550lt)

popeye

Hi all

Doing more research on this and thinking of adding co2 to my current setup but it is large and I do have a sump.
I am not looking to get into this as I know there are other threads out there re the use of co2 with sumps.

So my question is can anyone advise appropriate diffusers for a system of this volume. I will use a very large co2 bottle as I live 15min away from a pub co2 refill station and it will be housed in a dedicated sump cupboard.
My sump is situated on the floor and with the co2 cylinder higher than the outlet I assume I would have no need for a check valve as back syphonage is not possible.

Thanks Popeye

A very easy way would be to feed the gas straight into the return pump, this works well but you will get a visible mist of co2 in the display. One step further would be to use a needle wheel sump pump, you would still get a mist but a very fine mist!
Next up would be a in line reactor, on a tank that size you will need a 20" tall version.

thanks for that. Are there any sponsors that sell a suitable reactor?

Back