• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Bolton, UK

Alright Dave. Welcome to the forum. Your tanks looking awesome :)

I'm not far from you, up the road in jolly ol' Salford. Any particularly good aquatics shops round your way?

Alright Dave. Welcome to the forum. Your tanks looking awesome :)

I'm not far from you, up the road in jolly ol' Salford. Any particularly good aquatics shops round your way?
There is a maidenhead aquatics not long opened up wigan road inside Wyevale garden centre, they have just started to stock plants and have a good selection of tropicals for small tanks :)

What about Daves Aquarium!? The smells a bit much but theyve started to get some interesting fish in recently. Mudskippers anyone?

Great for oddballs and good prices, but I think thats due to the high risk of poor quality/infected fish! Having said that my boraras and CPD's are from there :D

Ha! Snap! And I just bought 30 C. Pygmies a couple of weeks ago and haven't lost one. I'll have to have a trip upto WyeVale.

Oh I forgot about those, they where wild caught from peru. I only got 6 though and ended up with a rare Tridensimilis brevis hiding in with them, but that got returned after a week of not eating anything.

This is who lives in there

20141019_163238.jpg

20141019_163226.jpg

20141013_222657.jpg

20141013_222452.jpg

20141012_190132.jpg

20141019_163921.jpg

Lovely shots. My exact stocking as well! Although my tank doesnt look quite as... refined. Must be something in the water up here. Ive spotted fry from the CPDs. Hopefully theyll survive. Have you had a look around the aquarium at Bolton Museum? He's got a tank full of cpds in there.

Last time I was in I noticed some dead pencil fish and a fair few fish with cloudy eyes and a couple of days later two tanks had been drained, so dont know what was going on there!?

Back