• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this flow too much?

Bhu

Hi All

Well I have added a 100lt/h maxi jet with a spray bar. Please ignore the ascethics as I still have further plans to hide the pump etc but dont want to go ahead if this is way over kill. Here are the videos, sorry they are not embedded but the forum won't accept video embed from photobucket or I'm doing it wrong so here's the links...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/Bhujang108/IMG_1550_zpsc3y4lo4n.mp4
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/Bhujang108/IMG_1549_zpsdcicsi1w.mp4

So you can see the LB is getting a real hammering and the substrate around that area is rolling up hill lol.

However there will be some changes. I have further acrylic tube to make a crook for my Eheim spray bar to sit at the back. (as well as the out flow but that's irrelevent here) I will also create an acrylic tube to connect to the spray bar you can see at the back powered by the maxijet so the pump can be at the bottom out of the way hidden just need a right angel there as the tubing is not very flexible.

So what do you think? Way too much flow, just over or just right? The fish seemed to love it anyhow ;)

All advice welcome :)

Bhu

The other option I have is to put the maxi jet spray bar that is at the back to the bottom pointing upwards and the eheim when I get the new crook made up at the top pointing forwards. This will help to create a more circular flow...

What do you think?

Sorry mate can't watch the video, but you can always add more media to slow flow a bit.

The flow is from a maxi jet power head so cant add media there...

Why cant you watch the video? Does the link not work?

Ah sorry I missed that bit, the important bit:D I'm in a bad signal area, so no idea. All I can offer then is bigger holes in the spray bar?

seems a bit much, get a "lily pipe spin" to reduce the flow.

Looks fine flow wise to me. Could enlarge holes a little to take the edge off. I feel sorry for the discus though, far too much flow for them.

I don't think its too much for the discus, they seem to love it! check this out... They are alone together as they have paired up and keep trying to breed.

particularly 4:30 onwards. The flow is extreme and they are just swimming into it holding no problem.

My main concern is the tropica black moving as the beads are rolling up hill and the LB is nearly bent to the substrate in one place, that has to be too much for plant.

The only things I feel sorry for in this tank are the shrimps! I've kept and bred fish for over 30 years and know how to keep them happy and how to see when they are not!

It's aquatic plants I have issues with. My land plants do amazing! The difference is clear! CO2 acessability.

Back