• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can We use this led bulb

yes. Is a standard UK bayonet fitting.

You can use it BUT it is designed to light as a normal household bulb in all directions. You woul be better finding a 'downlighter' style bulb rather than a globe

Use any bulb you want mate. Just don't use too many, and that's true of ANY bulb.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply Clive

yes. Is a standard UK bayonet fitting.

You can use it BUT it is designed to light as a normal household bulb in all directions. You woul be better finding a 'downlighter' style bulb rather than a globe

Thanks, And I'm planning to use a hood for that, not able to get a downlighter kind in my place with correct spectrum.

Thanks for the clarification and the link, will go with the led for my new tank
Just watch the amount light you are providing and if your are building your own fixture ensure you have some way for lowering the light levels. Reducing light levels can consist of using a dimmer (if your LED bulbs are dimmable), disconnecting some bulbs, raising the lighting fixture, using filters etc etc. Once things have settled down and CO2 etc is good you can then start raising the light levels if required.

Its amazing the number of people who build (or buy) the most wonderful mega watt lighting fixture the wonder why all the plants die and they grow nothing but algae :(.

Just watch the amount light you are providing and if your are building your own fixture ensure you have some way for lowering the light levels. Reducing light levels can consist of using a dimmer (if your LED bulbs are dimmable), disconnecting some bulbs, raising the lighting fixture, using filters etc etc. Once things have settled down and CO2 etc is good you can then start raising the light levels if required.

Yes I'm planning to build with height adjustment, Coz i had issues with my 1st tank with light where Clive guided me well with light adjustment, Co2 and flow now I'm very well aware of that;).

They also make a nice led spot light I have one that im considering using.

I'm setting up 2feet tank and spotlight shatters more light out so finding difficult to make a hood whereas for the above led bulb is easy to make a hood thats why i planned to select this.

Use any bulb you want mate. Just don't use too many, and that's true of ANY bulb.

Cheers,

Hi Clive,
Can you elaborate on this please? One of the LED light I want to buy has 78 LEDs (0.45w/each), 35 wattage in total. I guess that might be too many LEDs in one light, is it not good?

efe15caff25cdf4f8add1bb953f890f2.jpg

Trailing edge dimmer switch £9.99 :)

I use it with these £3.00 a bulb
8ece9c16c6781305077e62dad6ed7cab.jpg

5f2a1d7e3f0dab42f793f343e60870d1.jpg

Here's a nice shot :)
Yea it's not too bad , pleased with the lighting though as it's fully dimmable ( LEDs)

I would never use non-dimmable lighting again :) I keep raising the intensity every week , only a little but it widens the threshold :)

Back