• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquamedic AM1000 useful info.

CeeJay

Hi all.
Thought I might post this as it may save someone all the faffing about I had to do today :lol: .
The good news. Yesterday I decided to have a full on assault of all my pipework, spraybars, AM1000 reactor and one of my filters :D .
The bad news. During removal of the pipes from the AM1000 both of the hosepipe tailpieces fell to bits as I was pulling the hoses off :(
After much faffing about today, I got hold of Aquamedic UK's telephone No. It is 0845-0903500. The person I spoke to was most helpful and, after explaining my predicament, knew exactly what I was after. However, Aquamedic do not supply direct to the public, only trade. So I grabbed the part No. off them for the 16/22mm tailpieces. It is 71113-7.
I have now found a retailer that deals with Aquamedic and they have ordered them for me. The company is called Aquacadabra and their phone No. is 01322 351673.
They have a site here Aquamedic AM1000 spares list. This lists every spare you will need for the AM1000, except the tailpieces :wideyed:
They say they can get most items delivered to them in a couple of days, providing they are in stock at Aquamedic of course.
I'll let you know how long they take to arrive :D

Hope it's of use to someone.

Aquacadabra are a long established shop (not just internet only), that are local(ish) to me.
I recommend them.

I got my ex1200 from them too :)
I collected it and I think I paid £55. Bargain! That was before Tetratec bumped the prices up (presumably to cover all the returns from leaky ones).

a1Matt said:
Aquacadabra are a long established shop (not just internet only), that are local(ish) to me.
I recommend them.
I have purchased stuff from them in the past also, mainly spare parts, always came though :)

Hi Corki
Corki said:
Somethings been niggling me about this post and the AM 1000. If the hosepipe tailpieces fell to bits with removal of pipes, I can only think this must be due to CO2 degradation. Is this not a concern?
Well I didn't want to stick my head above the parapit just yet, as I do not have enough evidence, but my suspsicion was that it was caused by CO2 degradation. The reason I say this is the way that they crumbled. They had definitely been affected by a chemical reaction of some sort.
Now I cannot be sure, because it has only happened once, and you cannot conclusively prove something based on the evidence of a single event.
I will only be able to conclude if it is CO2 degradation in 2 years time, as that's how old my reactor is.

This is worrying, does anyone else have an AM1000 that's been running for any length of time? Might be worth checking.... I assumed it was Co2 resistant?

Hi all
madlan said:
.... I assumed it was Co2 resistant?
You would have certainly hoped so.

Anyway the new tailpieces arrived today, which I thought was good service considering there were 2 companies involved with this order, and I only ordered it Tuesday :D
I thought they had sent the wrong one's at first as they were parallel and not tapered like the original, but I have measured the internal bore (the important bit :lol: ) with a vernier caliper and they have the same dimension, so no worries on that score.
The other design change is that they are now round instead of hexagon. This will make life much easier as every time I dismantled it I had to unscrew the 'air release' valve as the hexagon would not turn because of it. So some subtle improvements.
Hope these ones last a bit longer this time :D
All in all good service I thought.

Ending on a positive note, I had some BBA on some gravel towards the back of the tank and now it's all gone because the tank has been in the dark for nearly a week :lol:

Handy link. I'll be looking to get the larger diameter inlets as my am1000 is an older model. Need to check but I dont think I've got the option to saw it to larger diameter

Back