• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aggressive flying fox

Hi. I got myself 20 neon tetras for a start and also 2 flying foxes. When I fed neons for no reason one of my foxes started chasing neons and tried to nip their fins. As they are still very small they can'tcause any damage to the neons but I'm slightly scared what may happen when they are grown. Is this a normal behavior for FF? I red some info in wikipedia and according to them they should be fine with neons. Has anyone noticed their bad behavior too?

Mine seem to calm down now that I've varied their diet slightly. I alternate between flakes, blood worms, algae wafers and cucumber. I think it's just about keeping them fat.

Thanks lads. It looks like after a couple of days my foxes are gettin better too. They are a lot calmer now and don't chase neons. I hope it will stay like that.

My three flying foxes have got rather large and taken to scoffing my Glosso. I now have a bed of just stalks with tiny new leaves at the end. :( (and uprooted and ate my HC carpet...).

I have a mate who will take them, shame.

I won't let them grow that big. In about two months when tank is fully matured I'll take them back to the shop and replace them with some otocinclus.

My mate was going to take my foxes tonight as they are scoffing my Glosso and damaging other plants, but once again they have dodged moving as mate in hospital

I looked carefully into it and it looks like I have Siamise Algae Eaters. I don't know why each pet shop in Leicester sells them as a Flying Foxes. Anyway they calmed down a lot, stop damaging my plants so I got another four of them as they seem to be a good cleaners.

Back