• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia OT2 4 tube Freshwater Luminaire 1000mm

andyone

Hi All

Bit of background first bought a "old style" 4 tube Arcadia 6 years ago which it would be fair to say has gradually disintegrated with the all the plastic components baking and cracking with all the tube connectors being replaced twice along with 3 ballasts on a photo period of 8 hours. True it would allow me to grow most things well. Anyway the tubes needed changing so I ordered 4 new ones a week ago and fitted them, guess what a ballast went down followed by the other 2 days later:arghh:

Pee...O.. I wrote to Arcadia re the above and short service life to date no response. I digress sorry. So the search was on for a new unit and having looked around and despite the above I bought a OT2 above to make use of the £70 worth of new tubes at a later tube change.

tonight I've spent the best part of an hour trying to seal the top flaps to the seals which were all "wrinkled" and poorly seated. Anyone else had issues?? I'm thinking of rejecting it given the past record and the current issues before I revamp my set up. There doesn't seem to be much choice for T5 units any suggestions?

Cheers

Hi, try iquatics and allpondsolutions, both available on ebay or through their own websites. Several reviews available online if you search.

Andyone,
If you are having problems with your lighting unit get back in touch with Arcadia, they are usually very helpful. Sometimes when busy responses are slow and it may get forgotten. However if you follow up again they normally respond well. It sounds like you may have poorly formed seals which are easily replaceable. Failing that go back to the supplier of the unit and ask them to get in touch with their Arcadia rep.

I have had a four tube APS luminaire for a couple of years the price is good toward the industry standard favourites like Arcadia, but it looks the bees knees and its had bulb changes no problem, only downside is you after be inventive if you want to raise it more than the supplied brackets allow.

Hi All

Bit of background first bought a "old style" 4 tube Arcadia 6 years ago which it would be fair to say has gradually disintegrated with the all the plastic components baking and cracking with all the tube connectors being replaced twice along with 3 ballasts on a photo period of 8 hours. True it would allow me to grow most things well. Anyway the tubes needed changing so I ordered 4 new ones a week ago and fitted them, guess what a ballast went down followed by the other 2 days later:arghh:

Pee...O.. I wrote to Arcadia re the above and short service life to date no response. I digress sorry. So the search was on for a new unit and having looked around and despite the above I bought a OT2 above to make use of the £70 worth of new tubes at a later tube change.

tonight I've spent the best part of an hour trying to seal the top flaps to the seals which were all "wrinkled" and poorly seated. Anyone else had issues?? I'm thinking of rejecting it given the past record and the current issues before I revamp my set up. There doesn't seem to be much choice for T5 units any suggestions?

Cheers

I can hear you....

Meanwhile these lamps were great, like you say the plastic really not for long term with this much heat. I also had to replace some of the parts - have the same age light like you have.
My ballast blowed up once only in the past. This is a construction problem with this light unit. The heat exchange with this cooling is not efficient. Most of the competitors has active cooling these days which works better and i've seen in ATI that they have a built in ballast protector too. Above x temp the light just shut down to protect the ballast from damage.

You probably use the light in a warmer condition. That could be the reason for the repetitive ballast damage. I have air conditioning when i do run mine, but still very hot in operation. Mine is 4x54W.

Maybe this is the time to change your lighting to another one. At least i would not replace the 4th ballast in a unit for sure. These are really expensive parts the soul of the units and built for much longer lifetime....

Back