• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap 39w T5s

Crossocheilus

I've seen the sticky and I like the osram 880 but the thread is very old and i've looked on the lampspec website but none of the tried and tested tubes come in a 39w. So I'm wondering where to get the same type of t5s, cheap but tried and tested by ukaps members for colour so I can decide for myself which tubes I like. Can anyone recommend any T5s, preferably as cheap as possible but I'll pay a bit more for great colour rendition.

Well, it's kind of like saying any hot hatch will perform the same as a Golf GTI.
Kelvin ratings are so bogus that it's best to just consider them to be model numbers. I cannot guarantee that they will be similar colors but they ought to be in the same ballpark.

Cheers,

I'm beginning to think that I will just buy whichever tubes I like the look of, so could people please post pictures of there tanks and state what combination of T5 tubes they are using.
Thanks

Or I might just stop worrying and buy some cheap ish aquarium specific tubes that are 6500k or there about.

Back