• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plants ordered, are they shrimp safe?

Lindy

As the header suggests, I ordered some plants over the weekend but forgot to check first that they were shrimp safe and not treated with chemicals?

Cheers, Lindy

Without getting the info from where you bought the plants, I think the only way to be sure would be to use a test subject. Put the plants in a container and perform a water change on the shrimp tank and use the water you removed in the container the plants went in. Take a test subject from the tank you took the water from and transfer to the container with the plants. If there is no reaction from the shrimp you can assume the plants are safe to use. If the shrimp does react remove the shrimp quickly into a separate container with some untainted water change water (not back into shrimp tank, not just yet), if and when the shrimp recovers you can then place back into the tank.

No contamination on plants - can be planted immediately.
Contamination on plants - will require washing to remove contaminants.

That's what I'd do if I had my doubts.

:)

Back