• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Larger Anubias

mikka23

Are there any larger anubias which would be more suitable as a background plant?

Most I've seen are more mid.

Anubias hastifolia grows tall. It has arrow-head leaves, so looks a bit different to other Anubias spp.

Anubias hastifolia grows tall. It has arrow-head leaves, so looks a bit different to other Anubias spp.

It's unfortunately not a true aquatic anubias. It needs its roots under water and leaves above. It will last a little under water but then starts to die

Why don't you just get a tall piece of drift wood, cut up the anubias into 3 leaf sections, super glue them to the wood and wait. After a while you'll have a mass of anubias. Okay it will take time probably years but no one gets anubias wanting quick growth.

I was just curious because the only plant I have from my original set-up is my first - anubias nana.

Like this one for example below center on the driftwood and to the right? Mine is anubais barteri var. barteri

dscf2730u_zps2054e660.jpg

Back