• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Confused!

I have replaced the locking nuts on my UP inline atomiser with stainless steel Jubilee clips after accidentally pulling the hoses off the atomiser, during water change, and starting to syphon my tanks water onto the floor....:eek:
:) yep I already have Jubilee clips, but for some reason the co2 is leaking (as far as I can tell with the hissing noise) and I have tightened them up as far as I dare, but don't want to "force" them any tighter for fear of breaking the Atomiser. The problem of course could be that they are not tight enough and what I can feel is the "cheap clips" just appear to be fully tightened.

Well,, during my water change this morning I drained the hoses, and then put the atomiser in a jug (no sign of a leak) then I re-attached them to the Atomiser (after warming the hoses and clips) tightened up as much as I could. When the solenoid switched on there was the usual burst of co2 then it slowed down until it "pressurised" and then seemed ok, although as it is a fast bubble rate in the bc attached to the reg,, it was difficult to tell.

But I can still hear a small hissing sound from the atomiser, so I am assuming that as the hoses are attached via a reducer the hissing I am hearing is the interaction going on in the Atomiser itself?? At lights on the DC was the expected colour at lime green to yellow but I am looking at it with caution as it was water change day

The strange thing is the atomiser was working fine but about 2hrs later (just before lights on) there appeared to be a lot faster bubble rate which is more like I am used to.
I wonder if that is again because the water is coming through a reduce? Or maybe it is my eyes seeing things as I have been watching it so much ;) I am running now at .4mpa. I will just have to keep an eye on everything and hope for the best.

Hi - no wish to highjack the thread but I think I might be having similar problems with my CO2.
On first set up I had to adjust needle valve each day as the bubble count was slower each day. I then detected a slight leak on BC which the supplier changed for me. Set up again Easter weekend and it was running really well and BC was stable each day. Had hoped that problem was solved BUT today I came in to find BC much faster. Have been advised to up the regulator pressure but cannot understand why it runs at a constant rate for 4 days then suddenly increases. In many ways an increase is more of a worry as the gas is definitely getting into the tank and the pH is dropping even more. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Back