• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moss/Yoghurt mix questions

Dominic

I was just wondering how well the yoghurt and moss mix worked and whether anyone has any pictures or experiences they would like to share?

And also, if anyone had any instructions on it that would be great too :)

I don't understand why folk don't just use nutrient rich agar gel the type that Tropica use in their 123 grow range for instance. I'm sure it'd work just as well, if not better than yoghurt, but without the mess and horrendous smell...:sick:

I believe milk or yogurt is used because it has a glue like properties - the casein in the milk is a natural non-toxic glue. I think gardeners also use beer - the sugar in the beer also acts like a glue. I bet a moss beershake is a lot less smelly.

I believe milk or yogurt is used because it has a glue like properties - the casein in the milk is a natural non-toxic glue. I think gardeners also use beer - the sugar in the beer also acts like a glue. I bet a moss beershake is a lot less smelly.

No.

Specific yogurts are used, containing L. Acidophilus. Used for its anti fungal properties.

I used 'Fage total 0% Greek yoghurt'.

Cheers,

Oh right i see, may i ask why it didn't work with the moss and yoghurt 'smoothie'? What went wrong exactly?

Oh right i see, may i ask why it didn't work with the moss and yoghurt 'smoothie'? What went wrong exactly?

Too much yoghurt used. Use a tiny amount. Just to turn the water white really.

Eat the rest. It's delightful

Yogurt used because it's anti fungal? Maybe for yeast infections in your privates but it isn't going to stop fungus in that environment. I'll stick with the glue theory.

Back