• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2x TMC 1500 Tiles for 120cm?

Hi guys,

Looking into LED lighting for my 120cm tank and really quite stuck. I was all set on the Arcadia Classica OTL LED until I found out you can't program the light levels, only turn them down when you're using them, which is useless.

Not planning to carpet or anything so probably wont need that high lighting so I feel not being able to dim them would be a disaster waiting to happen.

So now I'm looking at the TMC 1500 tiles, and wondering if 2 of them would give a good enough spread on a 120cm tank? Had a search, George uses 2 on a 60cm tank which makes me think 2 wont be enough...

Layout of the tank might be something like this, haven't tried any other layouts yet, but I could put a tile over each island.

photo_zpsca44e0b8.jpg

Talking to a sponsor on here and they recommended the 48" wavepoint LED's, not controllable and can't find any PAR information on them but pretty cheap in comparison to the two alternatives I've mentioned above.

What are your thoughts?

Are you planning on using co2?

Are you planning on using co2?

Yeah will have pressurised co2.

It's not going to be lowlight/low tech but I won't be carpeting anything either.

I'll be looking to grow medium type plants mostly.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something dimmable can be handy but seems to be on expensive units only. then again being able to raise and lower the fixture is another sort of dimmer I suppose

I'm using a TMC GroBeam 500 over a 85cm tank and get buckets of light. Though I'm only using excel liquid carbon.

Those wavepoint lights look pretty good, especially for the price. If one isn't cutting it you could get another and still be WAY less then the TMCs

Hi josh.
The 1500nds will be more than adequate. They now have 120 degree spread per tile so 2 would easily give you spread on that size tank.

Ok great stuff thanks Alastair. Seem to be a pretty similar price everywhere so might check out the LFS this weekend see if they have any.

Think I'll probably go for the 8 channel controller too though I doubt they stock that

Back