• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI daily with DIY macro and profito

bunzip2

Hi everybody from sunny Bulgaria.
I will try Estimative Index Daily method for my planted 45L tank.
Now i'm using:
macro element - tropica specialized nutrition
micro elements - easylife profito
co2 - almost yellow in drop checker.

I want to try EI daily dosing method.
I have KNO3 and KH2PO4 for my macro solution for EI dosing.
Can i use profito for micro elements with EI daily dosing method?
I first thought of making a tenso cocktail solution for micro elements and additional iron sulfate for iron, but in this situation it is difficult to keep the iron chelated for more than 10 days.
for this reason, I thought it might be better to use profito, because there the iron is chelated with 4 different chelates and can remain usable for a much longer time

I attach picture of my aquarium now.

Attachments

• IMG_20240404_214036.jpg
    IMG_20240404_214036.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPS,
Can i use profito for micro elements with EI daily dosing method?
You can, it is in the <"Nutrient Dosing Calculator"> but you would be better with a micro mix designed for commercial horticulture <"Solufeed 2:1:4 and Solufeed Sodium Free TEC or Solufeed Coir TEC Combination">, it would also be a lot cheaper.
and additional iron sulfate for iron, but in this situation it is difficult to keep the iron chelated for more than 10 days.
It depends how alkaline your water is, iron sulphate (FeSO3.nH2O) <"won't stay in solution"> in harder, more alkaline, water and you need a chelated form of iron <"FE EDDHA">.

cheers Darrel

Back